10/14/2008

Product Plugs

So it seems everyone has a different tone and agenda to their blogs. Some are informative, some controversial and some just plain funny. I am not really sure where this one lies other than to just chronicle our daily and often mundane lives. So I thought I may add some new features. Since most of my readers of parents of small children, I thought I might post a product each week that I have found helpful.

The product for this week is the Fresh Food Feeder by Munchkin. Although it was around when Alex was a baby, I never had the need for it. Now Cullen in another story. He is always trying to act a bit older and more mature than he really should.. Friends often joke about how Cullen seems so much older than other babies his age. One even asked if we were 100%certain about his age. Cullen has even earned himself the nickname of "The First Grader". So while most babies will suck safely on a biter biscuit until it in complete mush, Cullen will bite it in half with those two tiny teeth within seconds of getting his hands on it. And the Gerber wheels? Shoves the entire thing in his mouth at once. So this little gadget has been a lifesaver. Literally! You can stuff pieces of fruits or veggies inside (or even biter biscuits), and baby gnaws through the mesh releasing the food. Afterwards, you just rinse it out and throw it in the dishwasher. Now I have to admit, it may appear a bit creepy, but I can assure you that my seven month old LOVES it, it is safe and it allows me a few free minutes when we get home to get dinner on the stove. All very important on my list.

This feeder is sold locally at Wegmans, BabiesRus and Target.

6 comments:

Wondering when you will find us said...

Yes, Jake liked it too! Come's in handy for the bigger hunks of food...lol!

Jodie said...

Love those things. I forgot about them. Thanks for the reminder, I am going to have to get one for Nate who is also very good at biting the biter biscuits in two.

Life with my BOYS! said...

Also like to use if for freeze pops when teething! Elijah loved them!

Scott and Becky said...

Jodie - if I can find mine, you are welcomed to it. I thought it was a great thing too but Olivia didn't like it. Ok she hated it - pretty much throwing it everytime we tried to give her something in it. I think it was the texture of the cloth - she has a weird texture thing already.

Deb said...

I've seen them at Walmart too. I have been looking at them but not sure if they were worth it. Glad to hear it works well, I'm guessing we'll try it with Izzy.

Nicholas said...

Hopefully, this list of coffee makers will help you decide what features you want and which ones you can do without. It's great on laminates and carpets and excellent on floorboards and lifting pet hair. These four espresso coffee machines are a refreshing change from the current breed of bland commercial looking espresso machines. If you already tend to rummage around a lot to find stuff in the freezer this could be a problem, but if you are predominantly a fridge user, than this may be the layout for you.