10/29/2008

Adoption Songs

I am on a quest. A search to find the most perfect song(s) for Cullen's video. We did a lovely video of Alex's placement day and her first year. It is such a treasure to me! And now it is time to start Cullen's. I have a huge list of songs I love. Yet I continue to search for the PERFECT one.

Although I still don't know that I am crazy about how the song is actually sung, I LOVE the lyrics of this one that Teri found for me.
A MOTHERS PRAYER
by RANDY MOORE

They laid the baby in her arms
she watched her newborn son sleepin'
she bowed her head in silent prayer
and asked the Lord for his safe keepin'
you know his life has just begun
sometimes it won't treat him fair
so be with him when I can't
all I can give my little man
is this Mother's Prayer.

A MOTHER'S PRAYER CAN MOVE A MOUNTAIN
A MOTHER'S PRAYER IS PURE AS GOLD
AND THE ANGELS UP IN HEAVEN
MAKE SURE SHE GETS HEARD UP THERE
CAUSE THERE'S NOTHIN' THAT'S MORE
PRECIOUS TO GOD'S EAR
THAN A MOTHER'S PRAYER

She tries her best to explain
as she holds his little hand
she says you're meant for better things
I hope that you can understand
all the papers have been signed
and your new home's waiting there
and one day they'll tell you soon
how you were the answer to
another Mother's Prayer

2 comments:

Deanna said...

I love the song "From Gods Arms,to my arms to yours" There is a Marie Osmond version as well as a version by Michael Mcclean. Another favorite for me is also Mark Schultz "everything to me"

Just a few songs I enjoy with my family blessed 4 times by adoption!

Deb said...

Oh, I was just going to recommend the same one Deanna did. There's a book, From God's Arms to my arms to yours that has I think 5 songs with it. Written in the book along with a cd. I'm not a fan of the style they are all song in but the songs are good.

There's always Steven Curtis Chapman's songs as well, When Love Takes You In is the most popular, but there are others relating to adoption.