1/26/2008

Nanie & Popie

Thursday was a pretty difficult day. It was Alex's last at my grandparents. They have had her daily since she was 8 weeks old. For the past four and a half years their lives have revolved around this little miracle we call Alex. I could never thank them for what they have done. Watching her was never a chore. To them it was a priveledge. The highlight of their week. I alway knew she was in the best of hands. They were the same ones that took care of me when I was a child. So on Thursday, her last day there, I barely made it to the car. And then the tears came. This chapter has ended.

8 comments:

Scott and Becky said...

Maybe with Alex it has, but perhaps it will start again with a new little one? Just a thought.

Paulette said...

Great positiveness Becky... They aren't "retired"... just on hiatus!

Sue said...

Unfortunately they ARE retired. After we moved I was driving from one side of the town to the other, just to keep her there. I knew it would only be for a short time (under a year). But there is no way to keep this up for another 5 years. My commute to work will now go from 1 hour 25 min (each way) to about 25 min.

Which brings me the other thing I am sad about. Will this next baby ever have that same relationship with them? Not likely :-(

terilynnh2000 said...

That makes me sad too. :( The word "bittersweet" keeps ringing in my head.

wsweden said...

There is always school vacations! I hope they can squeeze in some Alex time :)

Colette said...

Great now I am crying! Thanks alot!!! LOL what a sweet story! How nice for all of them...this is something she will remember for ever!!! Hugs

Jodi said...

Alex is very lucky to have Nanie and Popie! Not many of us can say that we knew our Great Grandparents.

Paula said...

That is sad. They will still see her a lot of weekends and stuff. She is lucky to have that relationship with them.