12/09/2008

We've Arrived

Whether it is success or an event taking place, I think everyone has a little place in which they measure life. I have a friend who felt that way about a car. To her X car would mean that she had arrived.

I am no different. I had that little thing in which I measured my life. The point at which I'd know that I "had arrived". That life was exactly where I would want it to be. As you can probably guess, it wouldn't come from career success or making oodles of money. It was the place in which I would feel whole. The point where my life was full and complete. And that, of course, occured with the arrival of our son.

Which brings me to a far less profound achievement. Pottery Barn Kids Christmas Stockings. Although I have had my eye on them for years. It never felt right. To me that stocking said, I'd arrived. But I hadn't. And one day when I had, I would buy a PAIR of them. Get them embroidered. The whole shabang. So here they are for their holiday debut.

My family, my heart and my holiday is now complete!

2 comments:

Jen said...

That is so sweet... and I just have to say that I have PBK stockings for our two kiddos! When we bought them for H's first Christmas, I went ahead and bought a second one for the other child I knew I wanted. Then when we decided to start this adoption, I had it embroidered... it's been waiting for ever so long, and now I think I will hang Emma's up this year.

Love your photos!

Believeitwillhappen said...

I also arrived and bought the stockings this year and bought an extra one hoping someday Evan has a sibling. Enjoy your wonderful blessings this year. Ten months later I still can't believe we are parents!

Sheila