5/28/2008

ENRAGED

I am so angry that I can barely type of form a complete thought!!!! You may remember me mentioning that we needed to obtain a passport for Cullen to take him on the Disney Cruise with us this Fall. Well, I talked to the adoption agency in TX (who we used for his adoption) and they sent us all the paperwork we should have needed. Although we don't yet have his amended Birth Certificate, supposedly we should be able to apply based on these legal documents from the agency. TX assured me they do it on a weekly basis for families and that it was no problem what so ever.

Fast forward to this afternoon.......
Shawn and I literally got kicked out of the Greece Town Hall. We had three inches of documentation proving who we were and who Cullen was. In short, she basically accused us of stealing a baby off the street and falsifying documentation. We got the TX legal dept on the phone and the clerk refused to speak with them.

Now I understand that she has likely never faced this request, so I was willing to be patient. But we clearly had everything that the government website said we needed, including proof of US citizenship, hospital records with proof of DOB, terminatation of parental rights papers for both birthparents, permission from the agency and notarized approval from a TX judge (with raised seal included). And not only did she refuse to help us...but she was so incredibly rude. And her insinuations really hurt. They didn't just anger me, they truly hurt. But apparently this is not the first time that NY has held up paperwork for this agency. Sounds like NY is known for that

I am just so incredibly tired of feeling like a second class parent!

9 comments:

Life with my BOYS! said...

Sue~can you try some place else and honestly, I can't see how sending a well written letter to her supervisor can do any harm! The NERVE!!!!!!

Wondering when you will find us said...

Sorry you had to go through this. Definately complain about her rudeness!!!!!!!!!!! GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!

Jodi said...

Contact your Congressman's office for help. They won't fix the rude behavior of the woman but they should be able to assist with the passport. Sorry you had to endure that!

wsweden said...

Sue~
Sorry for the glitch. Hope it all gets worked out soon. I know how you have been looking forward to having your whole family on your trip.

Paulette said...

Ridiculous! So sorry you have to deal with this too!

Colette said...

I am so sorry that happened to you! That really sucks! I am pissed for you! UGH!

Anonymous said...

call north chili post office and ask to talk to tom. he is a very helpful clerk. they do passports at that post office and he can talk to the passport agency if need be to see if you need anything else. it seems that you have all the documentation needed, but he can help you there. the number is 594-2933. hope that helps.

Rebecca said...

I can't believe the way people act sometimes. So sorry you had to endure that. I'll keep my fingers crossed that all works out.

Scott and Becky said...

It is bad enough that you had to deal with a rude "customer service" person, but to make you feel like "less" of a parent is horrible. I am so sorry Sue - you definetly don't deserve that!