4/13/2007

Highly Discouraged

I was telling my mother-in-law last weekend how unreliable people are these days. It is really frustrating and I just don't get it. I mean not only is the average person unreliabe in everyday life, but what really gets me fired up are the people that you pay. Whether it is the phone company, bank, government, or local home improvement store....you can't count on anyone. What is wrong with our society when no one stands behind their word. Where customer service is a concept of the yesteryears.

Maybe I am just too honest. If I say I am going to do something, I do it. If I can't, I'll tell you that too.

You ask what has me spitting nails now? Our bathroom project of course. After being promised that our sink would be in this Thursday, we called to verify. After numerous calls to the company, we confirmed that it was in...YEAY!!! But we'd have to wait for another call back to set-up installion (something they were doing for free since they droped the ball several times). Well, big surprise, no call came. We got the run around all day and Shawn finally told them that he would be there tonight to pick up the sink and he'd install it himself. To which he was told "that wouldn't be a good idea". You see, it seems the sink isn't in afterall and never was. It wasn't a mistake or an oversight, the guy just plain old lied. So now we are told that they can shoot for the 26th. This is completely unacceptabble to me. But what are my choices. I have none. I am at the mercy of the manufacturer and the retailer.

But what ever happend to a persons word? Or a company's intergrity? Are they both of no value any more? Apparently so.

4 comments:

onegreyhorse said...

Oh man Sue I know just what you are saying. Marc and I both are big on reliability. When it comes to home construction/renovation it seems like those companies are the WORST in terms of reliability. We called a very well known local company to come out and give us an estimate on siding. The guy called me 10 minutes after he was SUPPOSED to be there to tell me he couldn't make it. We rescheduled, and the second time he never even showed! What is up with people???

Hang in there, before long you will be in the new house!!!

Colette said...

I know what Jeff would do and has done in the past...written a letter to the Attorney General. Then he sends a copy to the company...I will tell you they are quick to finish what hasn't been done! Just a suggestion! Good Luck!

Wondering when you will find us said...

I know what you mean about finding good help these days!! It is soooo hard to find! Hope everything is straightened out real soon!

Sue said...

Thanks. Shawn talked to the owner and he is driving to Penn Yan to pick it up for us as well as scheduling it to be installed this Friday. So I guess I am ok with that. can't wait to post pics once we are finished. I think the Taj Mahal was built in sell time!