1/04/2007

Ten years...and still ticking


Ten years ago today, I walked down the aisle and into the arms of the man I now call my husband. I look back and see the shy, self-conscious young girl I was at the time. A girl with dreams but little direction. We didn't really know where we were headed at the time, just that we wanted to travel the road together. And we did, every step side by side. We have experienced the loss of loved ones, grief over infertility, lost jobs, lost dreams. But along the way we discovered faith, love and determination. And eventually, we experienced the greatest moment of our lives, becoming parents.

10 years later, we are different people, each shaped by not only the experiences we've shared but by spending the last decade with one another. I believe I am now a more confident and focused person, characterisitcs I have learned from Shawn.

I don't know what the next ten or even twenty years will bring. I just know that I am glad that wherever the roads lead, we will walk together.

Happy Anniversary, Shawn!

1 comment:

Jodie said...

Congrats Shawn and Sue!! What a wonderful blessing it is to be married to your soul mate!