9/08/2009

My Baby Girl

Today my baby started First Grade. I am still trying to figure out where the time has gone.


I had the first day jitters big time. Even down to the nightmares last night. I don't think I caught a wink of good sleep! Alex was fine though. Very exctied. Anxious to see some of her friends and her dear Mrs W (her classroom aide that moved up with her). She was also very excited to wear a fancy dress. Nothing short of a holiday dress was going to cut it for her today. So this was our best compromise. I'm glad I caved. She was so proud of how she looked. And giving her self confidence may just be the most important thing I could offer her. (And yes, she insisted on the oversized bow as well.)



4 comments:

Heather said...

Yay Alex! She looked BEAUTIFUL! We had a dress, ruffled socks and shoes (instead of her usual sneakers) over here in my house for the first day.

Glad Mrs. W is in her class again - she is a very comforting and reassuring presence in the classroom. Hoping today was the start of a wonderful year for Alex!

Paulette said...

Way to Go Alex!!!

Life with my BOYS! said...

So cute, all excited for the bus!! Hope she had fun her first day and that Mom sleeps well tonight!

wsweden said...

It doesn't get any easier. I was so excited for Middle School I couldn't sleep.

Alex looks so sweet in her little drss :)